Micro-Needling by Eclipse Pen
What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-Needling is a fractional micro-needling device that works to tighten,
lift and rejuvenate the skin. It's effective in reducing fine lines
and wrinkles, stretch marks, surgical and acne scars. Fractional micro-needling
or collagen induction therapy (CIT) uses needles to pierce the skin in
a controlled and precise pattern. Compared to other skin rejuvenation
treatments, Micro-Needling is safe on any skin type, has short treatment
time and minimal discomfort with virtually no downtime.
- Tightens, lifts and rejuvenates skin. Your skin will feel plump and hydrated
within 24 hours!
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines and reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Reduces acne scars, surgical scars, and other scarring
- Improves appearance of stretch marks
- Short treatment time at only 30 minutes. You can even schedule during your
- Little to no downtime. You will have slight redness for ususally only 1-2 hours.
- Minimal discomfort. No topical anesthetic is needed for these treatments.
- Safe for all skin types, even tan skin.
How does Micro-Needling Work?
An automated device with a disposable tip cartridge, that uses 11 micro-needles
is used to vertically stamp the skin at high speed. The stamping action
of the the pen's vertical tip creates microinjuries to the skin, stimulating
new collagen production. In doing so, these micro-injuries encourage and
harness the body's innate ability to regrow and repair the skin through
normal physiological processes.
The Eclipse Pen is as safe and as effective as a fractional laser or intense
pulsed light but with a significantly shorter recovery period. All skin
types can be treated using the Eclipse Pen.
You can choose to treat your face, neck, decollete, or any area of concern.
How Many Micro-Needling Treatments will I need?
Benefits of the Micro-Needling can be seen after just one treatment. It
is recommended that you 3 to 6 treatments, space out between 3 to 4 weeks
are performed for the maximum results. In cases where a more aggressive
treatment schedule is needed such as scar revision, a greater number of
treatments may be necessary for maximum results. Your SpaDerma skin care
specialist will consult with you and prepare a package and regime specifically
for your skin type and concern.
SpaDerma offers single sessions or packages of 3 or 6 sessions. Flexible
payment plans are available.
What can you Expect after a Treatment?
After your Micro-Needling treatment, please be aware and observe the following:
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate
to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual.
This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover
within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours
but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Your technician will prescribe post-procedure skincare after the procedure
to help soothe, calm and protect the skin. Continue to use for 3 days.
Active skincare can be resumed again after Day 3.
Before Starting your Dermapen Treatment series please adhere to the following…
Prior to Treatment:
Prior to the treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment.
A Micro-Needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult
Be certain to adhere to the following post-treatment instructions:
- CLEAN – Use a soothing cleanser or face wash with tepid water to
cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and gently dry the treated
skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- HEAL – Copper-based skincare is recommended post-treatment as the
mineral properties are ideal to help heal the skin, but will also create
a sterile skin, too. Resveratrol-based products can help soothe the skin
and lessen irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your treatment, your skin may feel drier than
normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore
the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your treatment, and as the skin
starts to regenerate, collagen stimulating peptides are ideal to continue
- MAKEUP – It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for
12 hours after the procedure. However, your practitioner may be able to
supply you with specialized mineral makeup product that they feel would
be suitable for use during this period. Do not apply any makeup with a
makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, apply a broad spectrum
UVA/UVB sunscreen with a SPF30. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 2 hours post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids,
Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula)
or anything perceived as 'active' skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment.
Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may
cause adverse reactions.