Micro-Needling by Skin Pen
What is Micro-Needling?
Micro-Needling is a fractional micro-needling device that works to tighten, lift and rejuvenate the skin. It’s effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, surgical and acne scars. Fractional micro-needling or collagen induction therapy (CIT) uses needles to pierce the skin in a controlled and precise pattern. Compared to other skin rejuvenation treatments, Micro-Needling is safe on any skin type, has short treatment time and minimal discomfort with virtually no downtime.
- Tightens, lifts and rejuvenates skin. Your skin will feel plump and hydrated within 24 hours!
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines and reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Reduces acne scars, surgical scars, and other scarring
- Improves appearance of stretch marks
- Short treatment time at only 30 minutes. You can even schedule during your lunchbreak!
- Little to no downtime. You will have slight redness for ususally only 1-2 hours.
- Minimal discomfort. No topical anesthetic is needed for these treatments.
- Safe for all skin types, even tan skin.
How does Micro-Needling Work?
An automated device with a disposable tip cartridge, that uses 11 micro-needles is used to vertically stamp the skin at high speed. The stamping action of the the pen’s vertical tip creates microinjuries to the skin, stimulating new collagen production. In doing so, these micro-injuries encourage and harness the body’s innate ability to regrow and repair the skin through normal physiological processes.
The Skin Pen is as safe and as effective as a fractional laser or intense pulsed light but with a significantly shorter recovery period. All skin types can be treated using the Skin Pen.
You can choose to treat your face, neck, decollete, or any area of concern.
How Many Micro-Needling Treatments will I need?
Benefits of the Micro-Needling can be seen after just one treatment. It is recommended that you 3 to 6 treatments, space out between 3 to 4 weeks are performed for the maximum results. In cases where a more aggressive treatment schedule is needed such as scar revision, a greater number of treatments may be necessary for maximum results. Your SpaDerma skin care specialist will consult with you and prepare a package and regime specifically for your skin type and concern.
SpaDerma offers single sessions or packages of 3 or 6 sessions. Flexible payment plans are available.
What can you Expect after a Treatment?
After your Micro-Needling treatment, please be aware and observe the following:
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual. This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally recover within the same day or 24 hours. You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Your technician will prescribe post-procedure skincare after the procedure to help soothe, calm and protect the skin. Continue to use for 3 days. Active skincare can be resumed again after Day 3.
Prior to Treatment:
Prior to the treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment. A Micro-Needling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
Be certain to adhere to the following post-treatment instructions:
- CLEAN – Use a soothing cleanser or face wash with tepid water to cleanse the face for the following 48 hours and gently dry the treated skin. Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- HEAL – Copper-based skincare is recommended post-treatment as the mineral properties are ideal to help heal the skin, but will also create a sterile skin, too. Resveratrol-based products can help soothe the skin and lessen irritation.
- HYDRATE – Following your treatment, your skin may feel drier than normal. Hyaluronic Acid is an ideal ingredient to hydrate and restore the skin back to perfect balance.
- STIMULATE – In the days following your treatment, and as the skin starts to regenerate, collagen stimulating peptides are ideal to continue the stimulation.
- MAKEUP – It is recommended that makeup should not be applied for 12 hours after the procedure. However, your practitioner may be able to supply you with specialized mineral makeup product that they feel would be suitable for use during this period. Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- PROTECT – Immediately after the procedure, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a SPF30. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
To ensure the proper healing environment, be certain to observe the following:
- For at least 2 hours post treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 24 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments are harmful, rife with bacteria, and may cause adverse reactions.